Thank you for moving the Nicola Raphael article over. Sadly some on wikipedia just seem to just delete anything that doesnt matter to them —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs)
- Mindless destruction of content has been going on for awhile now at Wikipedia. Its so sad to see what its become. If I see anything I can save, or someone points it out to me, I'll import it over to the proper wikia. Dream Focus 22:45, January 10, 2011 (UTC
- Would it be worth expanding and rewording and posting to wikipedia again or do you think they will just instantly delete it?
- You could try, but they'd probably just delete it again. They dismissed my keep arguments last time. Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Suicide_of_Nicola_Raphael Please consider registering a name, and then you can sign your post with four ~ things to make your name appear. Being logged in means certain irritating in article ads won't load up(not sure if they still do that, but previously anyone not logged in had to see them). Dream Focus 20:58, January 14, 2011 (UTC)
- I'll leave it then i think. here at least it can be made the best of and people looking for the name will still find it Rr1953 23:23, January 14, 2011 (UTC)
Hi Dream Focus.
We are currently reviewing wikis with controversial topics, to see if they are suitable for Fandom going forward. I'm sorry to say that the Abuse Wiki has a few problems that mean we will be closing it. One is that the vast majority of content is from Wikipedia. As well as duplicating content already out there, it comes with broken links and missing images. But more importantly, the content is just not a good fit for Fandom. The topic of abuse inevitably includes difficult and controversial content. For example, articles about rape and child abuse.
I can make sure the database dump is up to date, so that you can move the content to another host.You don't have many images by the look of it, so you will be able to manually transfer them. We will delay the close for two weeks to give you time to choose and move to another service.
- The Wikipedia copy of things was a mistake. If someone can use a bot to take all those articles, all of them are clearly tagged up at the top, and erase them, then just leave behind the original articles, that'd be great. I can then just copy the remaining ones to my hard drive I suppose. Fandom is now just entertainment media I suppose. If you search for "rape" you find an article published by fandom at https://www.fandom.com/articles/boy-love-anime-rape-culture-lgbtq as well as things in many other fandoms. I search and find things like this: https://tropedia.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Comedy_Rape and I'm wondering if you will be censoring that. I remember there used to be fandoms/wikias dedicated to hentai series. Dream Focus 23:58, 7 September 2021 (UTC)
- I can't speak for the article as it's not the area I work in, but I would say that in both cases the key is that the whole wiki isn't about abuse, which is more acceptable then a wiki dedicated to that. Even with that I do review individual pages for any trace of glorification or harmful content and we have asked wikis to go for rape content (Bible Black comes to mind), but with this wiki it's not the rape specifically (and certainly not you portraying it offensively) it's the whole topic.
- I'll find out about the removal of pages.
- Answering here is fine, I have the page on watch 🙂-- Sannse (help forum | blog) 16:29, 8 September 2021 (UTC)