Swara is a child marriage custom in tribal areas of Pakistan and Afghanistan. This custom is tied to blood feuds among the different tribes and clans where the young girls are forcibly married to the members of different clans in order to resolve the feuds. It is most common among Pashtuns.
- Six-month-old girl married off in Swara incident, May 31, 2010
- Blood Feuds Trap Girls in 'Compensation Marriages', April 1, 2006
- Swara girl decreed by jirga rejected, April 17, 2006
- Pakistani Girls Forced to Settle Men’s Disputes, April 16, 2004
- Legislator Fights Pakistan's 'Blood' Marriages