The Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) is an American anti-sexual assault organization, the largest in the United States. RAINN operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline and carries out programs to prevent sexual assault, help victims, and to ensure that rapists are brought to justice.
RAINN was founded in 1994 by Scott Berkowitz and Tori Amos. Tori Amos was the organization's first spokesperson. Christina Ricci is RAINN's current national spokesperson and a member of its National Leadership Council.
National Sexual Assault Hotline
The National Sexual Assault Hotline (1-800-656-HOPE) is a 24-hour, toll-free phone service that automatically and anonymously links callers to the nearest RAINN-associated rape crisis center with a counselor able to respond to the call. More than 1,100 local partnership are associated with RAINN to provide sexual assault victims with free, confidential services. RAINN also provides anonymous, on-line crisis support through its National Sexual Assault Online Hotline via instant messaging.
RAINN sponsors an annual campaign against sexual assault in September.
- "Resource List: RAINN: Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network". Stop Abuse For Everyone. 2005-01-05. http://www.safe4all.org/resource-list/view/36322. Retrieved 2010-04-21.
- "Amos still displaying her ivory powers". CNN. 2009-12-11. http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/12/11/tori.amos.connector.interview/. Retrieved 2010-01-03.
- Jay S. Jacobs (2006). Pretty Good Years: A Biography of Tori Amos. Hal Leonard Corporation. pp. 56. ISBN 1423400224.
- "Leadership And Governance". RAINN. 2009. http://www.rainn.org/about-rainn/leadership. Retrieved 2010-04-21.
- "National Sexual Assault Hotline". RAINN. 2009. http://www.rainn.org/get-help/national-sexual-assault-hotline. Retrieved 2010-04-21.
- "The Online Hotline". RAINN. 2009. http://www.rainn.org/get-help/national-sexual-assault-online-hotline. Retrieved 2010-04-21.
- "Join RAINN Day 2010!". RAINN. 2009. http://www.rainn.org/get-involved/college/rainn-day. Retrieved 2010-04-21.