- This article incorporates "medical abuse", which has a similar meaning but relates more specifically to harmful medical treatment rather than care in general, and may include victims who did not choose to be patients.
- Abuse includes physically striking or sexually assaulting a patient. It also includes the intentional withholding of necessary food, physical care, and medical attention.
- Neglect includes the failure to properly attend to the needs and care of a patient, or the unintentional causing of injury to a patient, whether by act or omission.
- Aggression in healthcare
- Blacklisting of patients by doctors
- Bullying in medicine
- Bullying in nursing
- Category:Health care professionals convicted of murdering patients
- Doctor-patient relationship
- Medical harm
- Medical malpractice
- Medical torture
- Political abuse of psychiatry
- Unethical human experimentation
- Never events
- Professional abuse
- Foster care#Abuse and negligence
- Winterbourne View hospital abuse
- "Patient Abuse". Colorado Attorney General's Office. https://www.stopfraudcolorado.gov/fraud-center/medicaid-fraud/patient-abuse. Retrieved 25 October 2017.
- "Medicaid Fraud Definitions". State of Ohio. http://www.ag.idaho.gov/medicaidFraud/medicaidFraudDefinitions.html. Retrieved 25 October 2017.
- Slavin, Erik (16 January 2010). "Doctor faces court-martial in patient abuse case". Stars & Stripes. https://www.stripes.com/news/doctor-faces-court-martial-in-patient-abuse-case-1.98060. Retrieved 25 October 2017.
- Larson, Aaron (12 July 2015). "Warning Signs for Abuse and Neglect in Nursing Homes and Long-Term Care Facilities". https://www.expertlaw.com/library/medicine/minimal_guidelines.html. Retrieved 25 October 2017.
- "Patient abuse - nurse struck off". BBC News. 30 April 2003. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/2989241.stm. Retrieved 25 October 2017.
- Krell, Alexis (9 October 2017). "Doctor charged with sex crimes at Bremerton clinic is at center of women’s lawsuit". The News Tribune. http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/crime/article177478726.html. Retrieved 25 October 2017.
- Gorman, Anna (6 January 2015). "When Home Caregivers Kill the Elderly With Neglect". The Atlantic. https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2015/01/when-home-caregivers-kill-the-elderly-with-neglect/384221/. Retrieved 25 October 2017.
- Bostwick JS The Patient Abuse and Neglect of Our Vulnerable Adults: America's Shame (2008)
- Caron NK Impact of effectiveness in implementation of the patient abuse reporting law on the reporting of "physical abuse, mistreatment, neglect" in residential health care facilities (1981)
- Close BA, Greenberg MS, Morgenstern BR Nursing Home Patient Abuse - Realities and Remedies (1981)
- Costa, MD Gynocide: Hysterectomy, Capitalist Patriarchy, and the Medical Abuse of Women (2007)
- Mackay T Without Due Care - An Australian Hospital Tragedy (2010)
- Shannon JM Patient abuse law: the reality (1983)
- Sundram CJ Patient abuse and mistreatment in psychiatric centers: a policy for reporting apparent crimes to and response by law enforcement agencies (1985)
- Thomas G Journey into madness:the true story of secret CIA mind control and medical abuse (1989)
- Armstrong B A Question of Abuse: Where Staff and Patient Rights Collide - Hosp Community Psychiatry 1979 May;30(5):348-51.
- Burkin K, Kleiner BH (1998) "Protecting the whistleblower: preventing retaliation following a report of patient abuse in health-care institutions", Health Manpower Management, Vol.24 Issue 3 Pages 119-124
- Gutheil TG Patient Abuse - Hosp Community Psychiatry 35:832, August 1984
- Isaacman SH Patient Abuse in Rural Midwestern Pregnant Women? - Archives of Family Medicine, 1993;2(4):351.
- LaRocco SA Patient Abuse Should Be Your Concern - Journal of Nursing Administration April 1985 - Volume 15 Issue 4 Pages 27-31
- LaRocco SA A case of patient abuse - American Journal of Nursing: November 1985 - Volume 85 Issue 11 Pages 1233-1236
- Santistevan A, Deiker T Asking the Patient About Abuse and Neglect-Five-Point Plan, Las Vegas (NM) Medical Center 1988
- Sundram CJ Obstacles to Reducing Patient Abuse in Public Institutions Hosp Community Psychiatry 35:238-243, March 1984
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.