This is a list of notable controversial deaths of members of the military.
United States Armed Forces
- Vanessa Guillén - Before Guillén went missing, she had told her family that she was being sexually harassed by an unnamed sergeant.
- Tina Priest - Priest died two weeks after accusing a male soldier of sexual assault.
- LaVena Johnson - Her death was controversially ruled as a suicide despite evidence of rape and battery.
- Keisha Morgan - A week after confiding to her mother that she was certain she had been drugged by a fellow soldier, Morgan passed away following a seizure due to prescription antidepressants.
Republic of Korea Armed Forces
- A female deputy commander in the Navy, "Sergeant Go A", was found deceased after reporting that she had been sexually assaulted.
- Sexual harassment in the military
- CNN, Alicia Lee. "Reward for missing soldier Vanessa Guillen grows to over $50,000 after Latino group and rapper add to it". https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/17/us/vanessa-guillen-missing-soldier-reward-baby-bash-trnd/index.html.
- "A death with two stories evidence" (in en-US). 2009-03-08. https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2009-mar-08-na-women-soldier-suicides8-story.html.
- "10 years later, a soldier's family still grieves and questions the Army's version of her death" (in en). 2015-07-20. https://news.stlpublicradio.org/government-politics-issues/2015-07-19/10-years-later-a-soldiers-family-still-grieves-and-questions-the-armys-version-of-her-death.
- 뉴스, SBS (2021-08-15). "'성추행 신고 뒤 사망' 해군 중사 장례식 비공개로 열려" (in ko). https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1006430271.