Kenneth Che-Tew Eng is a controversial Asian American journalist and science fiction novelist. He is most widely known for a series of columns in the California weekly magazine AsianWeek, which billed him as "God of the Universe". These columns were repeatedly criticized for being racist, especially one essay entitled "Why I Hate Blacks", published February 23, 2007 (which included statements such as: "I would argue that blacks are weak-willed. They are the only race that has been enslaved for 300 years. It's unbelievable that it took them that long to fight back"). Following harsh criticism of Eng and AsianWeek, the paper fired him and published a front page apology in its February 28 issue.
He has written three books, entitled Dragons: Lexicon Triumvirate, Reincarnation and The 0th Dimension. The first two books, Dragons: Lexicon Triumvirate and Reincarnation, were published by DNA Press, a vanity publisher, through their Nartea imprint. They are no longer in print.
Eng attracted further attention after the Virginia Tech Massacre by claiming credit for it, saying that his own angry writings about non-Asians inspired Seung-Hui Cho and announcing in a YouTube video that "I'd just like to say that I just read about the Virginia Tech incident and it was the funniest thing I ever read in my life." Eng also said he had wanted to conduct a similar shooting spree while attending New York University but could not afford a gun.
On May 11, 2007, Eng was arraigned on several charges that alleged that he threatened to kill his neighbor and her daughter, as well as their dog. Three months later he pled guilty and was ordered to attend a 12-month outpatient mental health program. The court reserved the right to resentence him to up to four years in prison if he did not comply with the program's daily psychotherapy or failed to take his medication. He arrived home after his sentencing to be rearrested by federal authorities for allegedly threatening another NYU film student over the phone, but has been released on $500,000 bail.
Eng described himself as anti-American, anti-democracy and anti-theist. Gawker.com recently published a copy of Eng's resume, along with his book proposal for an Untitled Asian Controversy Project. The proposal outlines seven chapters: "Why I Hate America", "Why I Hate Whites", "Why I Hate Italians", "Why I Hate Blacks 2" (a continuation of his AsianWeek article), "Why I Hate Religion", "Why I Hate The Media", and "Why I Hate Asians And Yes I Am Being Sarcastic". The last "will point out the silliness of civil protest and why whites, blacks and Italians should not be treated with any kindness." 
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sandler, Norton (2007-04-02). "Anti-Black column in ‘AsianWeek’ widely protested". The Militant. http://www.themilitant.com/2007/7113/711351.html. Retrieved 2007-05-08.
- ↑ Eng, Kenneth (2007-02-23). "Why I Hate Blacks". AsianWeek, archived by NBC11. http://www.nbc11.com/news/11128382/detail.html. Retrieved 2007-05-08.
- ↑ "Preditors & Editors: Book Publisher Listings - D". Preditors & Editors. http://anotherealm.com/prededitors/pebd.htm. Retrieved 2007-12-09.
- ↑ Template:Cite press release
- ↑ Philosophy Today's listing of contents
- ↑ Kenneth Eng's bio from Bewildering Stories
- ↑ SFist: Kenneth Eng, Fair And Balanced
- ↑ SFist: Kenneth Eng Around The Web
- ↑ Hilliard, Chloé A. (2007-05-16). "Sharing in the Gory". Village Voice. http://www.villagevoice.com/news/0718,hilliard,76520,2.html. Retrieved 2007-07-18.
- ↑ Fulbright, Leslie (2007-05-23). "'Hate' columnist Eng arrested in N.Y. for alleged harassment". SF Gate. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/05/23/BAGDFQ05N86.DTL. Retrieved 2007-05-23.
- ↑ Stefanie Cohen and Larry Celona (2007-08-10). "Asian Bigot Busted". New York Post. Archived from the original on 2007-10-16. http://web.archive.org/web/20071016231117/http://www.nypost.com/seven/08102007/news/nationalnews/asian_bigot_busted_nationalnews_stefanie_cohen_and_larry_celona.htm. Retrieved 2007-10-05.
- ↑ Associated Press (2007-08-10). "Self-Described Asian Supremacist Takes Plea Deal, Rearrested". Fox News. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,292889,00.html. Retrieved 2007-10-05.
- ↑ Cohen, Stefanie (2007-08-11). "Pro-Asian NYU Student Gets Bail". New York Post. Archived from the original on 2007-12-27. http://web.archive.org/web/20071227182845/http://www.nypost.com/seven/08112007/news/regionalnews/pro_asian_nyu_racist_gets_bail_regionalnews_stefanie_cohen.htm. Retrieved 2007-10-05.
- ↑ Balk, Alex (2007-05-23). "Kenneth Eng's Book Proposal and Resume". Gawker.com. http://gawker.com/news/inside-the-mind-of-madmen/kenneth-engs-book-proposal-and-resume-262999.php. Retrieved 2007-06-11.
- ↑ Eng, Kenneth (2006-11-24). "Proof that Whites Inherently Hate Us". AsianWeek. Archived from the original on 2007-03-20. http://web.archive.org/web/20070320140003/http://news.asianweek.com/news/view_article.html?article_id=33bdb64c5b346a69bab3a2d448603596. Retrieved 2007-06-11.
- ↑ http://colorlines.com/archives/2007/08/asian_supremacist_kenneth_eng_1.html
- "Glasses" A short story by Kenneth Eng.
- A Fox News exclusive interview with Kenneth Eng.
- Kenneth Eng’s Mental Examination: Why He Hates Blacks