Template:Infobox WoT detainees Ibrahim Shafir Sen is a citizen of Turkey who was held in extrajudicial detention in the United States's Guantanamo Bay detention camps, in Cuba. His Guantanamo Internment Serial Number was 297.
Sen was interviewed in April 2006 by a Turkish magazine named Vakit. Sen reported that female interrogators sexually abused him and desecrated the Koran, and that guards beat him with iron bars, and allowed him to be mauled by dogs, when he was in the Kandahar detention facility. He reported that camp authorities would amputate wounded limbs rather than trying to provide less radical medical care.
Sen also claimed that most GIs in Guantanamo were Jewish, and wore skullcaps, and that a Rabbi was present during each interrogation.
Sen and several other former captives are suing several current and former US officials for the inhumane and illegal conditions of their detention. The other former captives include two other former Turkish captives: Yuksel Celikgogus, Nuri Mert, a former Uzbekistani named Zakirjan Hasam, and a former Algerian captive Fethi Boucetta. Like Sen, the two other Turkish captives were repatriated prior to the institution of the Combatant Status Review Tribunals, in August 2004. The Algerian and Uzbekistani were among the 38 captives who were freed after their CSR Tribunals determined they never should have been classified as "enemy combatants".
According to the DIA:
Ibrahim Shafir Sen was transferred to Turkey in November 2003. In January 2008, Sen was
- "List of Individuals Detained by the Department of Defense at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba from January 2002 through May 15, 2006". United States Department of Defense. http://www.dod.mil/news/May2006/d20060515%20List.pdf. Retrieved 2006-05-15.
- "Fact Sheet: Former GTMO Detainee Terrorism Trends". Defense Intelligence Agency. 2008-06-13. http://www.defenselink.mil/news/d20080613Returntothefightfactsheet.pdf. Retrieved 2008-07-26. mirror
- "Fact sheet: Former Guantanamo detainee terrorism trends". Defense Intelligence Agency. 2009-04-07. Archived from the original on 2009-05-29. http://www.webcitation.org/query?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.miamiherald.com%2Fsmedia%2F2009%2F05%2F27%2F20%2Frecidivists.source.prod_affiliate.56.pdf&date=2009-05-29.
- "Turkey's Islamist Dailies Spread Anti-American, Antisemitic Incitement". The Middle East Media Research Institute. April 26, 2006. http://www.memri.org/bin/articles.cgi?Page=archives&Area=sd&ID=SP114706. Retrieved 2008-07-26.
- "Celikgogus v. Rumsfeld". Center for Constitutional Rights. http://ccrjustice.org/ourcases/current-cases/celikgogus-v.-rumsfeld. Retrieved 2008-05-25. mirror