Dr George D. Chryssides (born 1945) was a senior lecturer and Head of Religious Studies at the School of Humanities, Languages and Social Sciences of the University of Wolverhampton now working for Birmingham University.
Chryssides holds a M.A. in Philosophy and a B.D. in Systematic Theology from the University of Glasgow and a D.Phil. in Philosophy of Religion from the University of Oxford. He has a particular interest in new religious movements, on which he has published extensively.
- Unitarian Perspectives on Contemporary Social Issues. London: Lindsey Press, 2003.
- Historical Dictionary of New Religious Movements. Lanham, Maryland, and London: Scarecrow Press, 2001. ISBN 0-8108-4095-2
- Exploring New Religions. London: Cassell, 1999. ISBN 0-304-33651-3 (hbk), 0-304-33652-1 (pbk).
- The Elements of Unitarianism. Element Books Ltd (1998) ISBN 1-86204-247-0
- The Advent of Sun Myung Moon: The Origins, Beliefs and Practices of the Unification Church. UK: Palgrave Macmilan, 1991. ISBN 9780333496985
- Is God a Space Alien? The Cosmology of the Raëllian Church. Culture and Cosmos, vol 4 no 1, pp. 36-53.
- The New Age: A Survey and Critique. Global Dialogue, Vol 2, no 1, Winter 2000, pp. 109-119. ISSN: 1450-0590.
- New Religious Movements - Some Problems of Definition, Internet Journal of Religion 1997, Available online