Experience Focused Counselling  (EFC) is a new approach to counselling aimed specifically at those who experience auditory hallucinations, visions or other phenomena which are commonly associated with schizophrenia and other mental disorders. It examines relationships between these auditory halucinations and the person's life. It has arisen as a result of original research from 1987 onwards by Marius Romme and Sandra Escher. At the annual meeting of Intervoice  in Copenhagen in June 2007 the name was agreed upon for formal training in Germany.
- Marius Romme
- Hearing Voices Network
- Hearing Voices Movement
- Interpretation of Schizophrenia
- Trauma model of mental disorders
- Official Dutch Hearing Voices Website: Mainly in Dutch language
- INTERVOICE Website: International Network for Training, Education and Research into Hearing Voices
- "The voice inside: A practical guide to coping with hearing voices"