She co-founded the project "Legal Aid For Women Who Were Raped Or Otherwise Sexually Abused by National Security Forces”, to expose abuses happening to women in Turkish prisons.  She has been the object of numerous lawsuits in relation to her human rights activities.
In 2002 she was accused by Turkey's State Security of "aiding and abbetting" the PKK because of her advocacy for Kurds to use their native language in Turkey.
In 2004 she received the Aachen Peace Award "for her courageous efforts and activities for human rights." In 2005 she was awarded the Esslingen-based Theodor Haecker Prize for Civic Courage and Political Integrity.  In March 2006 a Turkish court sentenced her to 10 months’ imprisonment for insulting the country’s military. The sentence was then converted to a fine of 6000 New Turkish Liras, which Keskin refused to pay. 
- "Biography of Eren Keskin". Culture of peace. 2005. http://www.cultureofpeace.com/heroes/pages-k/keskin-bio.htm. Retrieved 2009-08-17.
- "Turkey: Death threats/Fear for safety Eren Keskin and Osman Baydemir". Amnesty International. 2001-04-10. http://asiapacific.amnesty.org/library/index/ENGEUR440222001?open&of=ENG-TUR. Retrieved 2009-08-17.
- "Interview with Eren Keskin". Quantara. 2005. http://www.qantara.de/webcom/show_article.php/_c-478/_nr-332/i.html. Retrieved 2009-08-17.
- Mouradian, Khatchig (2006-04-05). "Against all odds, an Interview with Eren Keskin". Znet. http://www.zmag.org/znet/viewArticle/4098. Retrieved 2009-08-17.
- Solidarity with Erin Keskin site
- Interview in amnesty journal, April 2003 (in German)
- Interview, Quantara, 2005, translated from German
- Aachen Peace Awards