|40x40px||Look up adversary or Adversary in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Adversary may refer to:
In Judeo-Christian religion:
- Satan, whose name means "adversary" in Hebrew.
In computer science:
- Adversary (cryptography) is a malicious entity in cryptography whose aim is to prevent the users of the cryptosystem from achieving their goal.
- Adversary (online algorithm), the adversary model is used in online algorithms in order to show competitiveness of randomized algorithms.
- Adversary (comics), villain from the Marvel comics universe
- Geppetto (Fables), a character from the comic book series Fables also known as "The Adversary"
- "The Adversary" (DS9 episode), the season finale of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine's third season
- The Adversary, book four in "The Saga of the Exiles" by Julian May
- "Adversary" is the title and name of Daemon, the Dark God in the Royal Regalis series.
- Ad·ver·sary, Canadian industrial dancer.
- The Adversary (album), solo album by Ihsahn of the Norwegian black metal band Emperor
- Adversarial system, a system of law commonly used in common-law countries
- Adversary proceeding, proceeding used in bankruptcy processes
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.